30 July 2012

Alan Morse Davies etc

There's some interesting folkdrones and spectral, landscape music here....  "Y Crythor Du a'r Bleiddiaid / The Black Crwth Player and the Wolves" is my fave so far... and since almost all my favourite tracks today feature either a crwth player or wolves, this one was bound to impress. I dunno, there's something just completely right about the way these long swoons are composed... Gillian Stevens singing works / worms brilliantly in amongst the drones... gives a sense of beauty and dread, of singing for lives... and there's a definite touch of the Lord Slough Feg in the approach to nature which bends well down these parts...

FFS, it's free...

6 comments:

stuffedspacedog said...

It's Alan Morse Davies, thanks for the post, it means a lot.

Loki said...

Hey, no worries... Love your stuff, man...

stuffedspacedog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stuffedspacedog said...

Thanks! I'm working on something new which I think will be amazing, it will take about a year to finish I think.

Mark Chickenf1sh said...

"Y Crythor Du a'r Bleiddiad" provided the perfect soundtrack to a drizzly autumnal walk through mist-haunted trees this morning. Lovely stuff.

Loki said...

hey, Mark... hope you like the Spindle Cd I sent out...

Loki

Related Posts with Thumbnails