19 November 2006

†rap ∂oor



Er, digging this at the moment - creepily silly, slightly off, wigtastically funky etc etc (cf hippy crap but good hippy crap) - stolen from Crotchbat (aren't they all?) and then sunk into the bowels of i-tunes where it's been playing while I try to mark Philosophy essays. I gave up, got the kids to make up their own psychedelic spoken word intros for a bit "Today...the most amazing spectatickle, the world is upside down!" etc played a few games of totalcontact footie in the garden and then took them on a 'midnight' (i.e. 5 o'clock) ramble with torches, a hurriedly packed picnic, Cyberman footstomps, creaking Krillitanes, subzero winds and then lots of "I don't know but I've been told. North Petherton at night is very cold" army chants to keep the little uns moving...

Bring on the †rap ∂oor gang...

3 comments:

Molly Bloom said...

Your trip sounds wonderful. I too have avoided at all costs any thoughts or movements towards the red pen today. Sometimes you just have to turn your back. It's good for you. Stomping through fields and wind is much more gratifying. That 'Trap Door' is out of stock now isn't it?

My daughter has just been stomping around to Blurt. She went mad with it. It was fantastic. I like the way small children are uninhibited and respond to music in such a physical way. Also, they don't really dislike anything it seems.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

i too like the way children can do that uninhibited stomp thang. a couple of years back i joined in just to prove i still could. did a pete townsend windmill type thing, kicked my legs out like shears and smacked my foot against our posh metal coffee table. broke me little toe. felt more of a pratt than hurt!

Molly Bloom said...

Never mind CJ...I'm impressed that you let rip.

Also, the way that kids respond to art. It's fascinating. You can introduce them to anything...and to watch them respond.

I gave mine a PDA the other day and within seconds she had worked out how to use it, but you could 'see' the cogs working.

Related Posts with Thumbnails