30 October 2004

Vote Smash Hits!

Excellent post over at Uncarved documenting the heady days of Smash Hits in the 80s. I first came across Neubauten, Throbbing Gristle, Bauhaus (liked Peter Murphy's jumper in the photo), The Clash, The Slits (nudie photos!) and many others as a result of seeing/ reading about them in the small bitching columns. Okay, I didn't exactly run out and buy the records then but the names stuck with me as I continued to buy my U2 and King records and soon those names started to re-emerge in the sweaty parlours of Yeovil Liberal Club on Record Fair Saturday...

Also, here's my rather pathetic contribution to all the nice people who are trying to get people voting in the USA Elections:

I'm very uncomfortable telling anyone to do anything, much less vote in an election in a different country to my own (I can see why those American kids got so wired by all those Brits telling them how to think - I'd have told us to fuck off too) but several people have put a lot of time and effort into this campaign and it seemed a little churlish to completely ignore them so...

IF YOU DON'T VOTE, DON'T MOAN.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I feel like it's everyone's duty to get the US voters out - everyone in the world is feeling the policies of the current administration, not just us Yanks. Thanks for putting your 2¢ in!

Miss Behaving [badly] said...

Link to me !
I love your colourful blog, lets do an exchange !
My name is heroinegirl and my blog is a memoir of time spent as a heroin addict and the challenges with being "normal". Something different for you to read, I guess. Love the folding music :)
Clever!

HG

Anonymous said...

I think everyone I know is working to get out the vote here in the USA.

Thanks for the good thoughts. Almost over..

Related Posts with Thumbnails