03 March 2014

Dizzy Gillespie - Afro Paris





I don't even pretend to know anything about jazz but its often there, lurking about in the digital corners of my iPod and, occasionally, some bursts forth at the right moment and gets me, wins and overpowers the world.

Today, it was Dizzy.

Dizzy Gillespie - Afro Paris


Other days it just won't work and will get shuffled out of there. All music is like this, of course, but jazz seems especially like this and flips continually in my head from almost-unlistenable to compelling. It's not even that I particularly want to like jazz - thought many of those 50s and 60s covers draw me in - but more that I have a suspicion it wants to like me and simply refuses to be anything other than ALL MUSIC.

2 comments:

Robin Tomens said...

Of course Jazz wants to like you. It wants to like everyone, but as with the puppy dog happily sniffing everyone's feet it is rejected by some and that, I'm sure you'll agree, is a tragedy.

Loki said...

:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails