19 October 2013

Mirage Men Mirage

We know about Mirage Men. I saw it on NOCHEXXX's twitter or something - I want to believe (etc). It looks good, I haven't seen it yet but... I met someone who did. At a bus stop. No, wait; come back. And he said that the film was a Mirage, a triple bluff, maybe a quadruple bluff (he lost count, I lost count). I wanted to get away at this point. He said Mirage Men was simply a Hall of Mirrors inside a hall of mirrors and that the book - I wasn't aware at the time that there was a book - was a well-meaning investigation into what it said it was a well-meaning investigation into but the film of the book had secrets and new lies that deliberately attempted to obfuscate. He was just a young guy, maybe 25. He looked a bit like Rorschach (mask off, naturally). He seemed normal, except around the eyes. I'm not sure what to think. He was interested in my job as a Philosophy Teacher, though wondered if I'd been tricked too. I've wondered that too. He had a working knowledge of Plato but I didn't think I should hold that against him. The conversation laster only about 5 minutes and it seemed a little like that film about the meaning(s) of Kubrick's The Shining. I haven't seen that, either. He went the other way.

Mirage Men teaser trailer from Roland Denning on Vimeo.


Really want to see this now.

There's a wordpress thing here, too.

1 comment:

2ND.FADE said...

definite mirage..... no-one is interested in your job.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails