12 April 2012

Electric Sandwich - China




I'd almost forgotten about Electric Sandwich and then that Head Music compilation came along and The Bevis Frond covered their 'smach hit' China... This has too much guitar... skronk/chops for me to really love it but in the right, er, frame of mind, these loplopping drums and the electric fizzles at the edges of the geetar work can be quite transporting...



This is a tiny sliver of Acid away from the Mother's Temple, and probably waaay farther out than those guys...

It was 1972, man... a year that is rapidly becoming a kind of recurring theme / totem for...

(there's no reason. I mean, I was, like, 1 year old for most of 1972... can't see those years being altogether formative unless you count that 6 months I was raised by mandrils...)

Stop needing reasons...

I hate them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails