14 February 2011

Demdike Mafia Or Tim Hecker's Ravedeath

...well, I was half-joking when I talked about the post below feeling like revolutionary suicide but there's something definitely odd in the air... Anonymous commentators (in the blog equivalent of being in talking heads being heavy shadow with a modulated voice) and, even more worrying, several people via email said they didn't want to be associated with their views* but, yes, they'd experienced the same feelings re the Demdike boys...

Weird. And, just to check, I've been replaying a lot of Demdike Stare on my way to work and bits of it I've started to really like... scene and setting, or just me being a contrary sonofabitch? Bit of both I think...

Anyway, by way of contrast, here's someone I've always thought was somehow more than the sum of it's parts - Tim Hecker has a new album out today, a Valentine's special, and it just so happens it's got the best title of the year: Ravedeath 1972...

Here's a sample...




*this strikes me as entirely odd... sort of bad faith writ large in the blogosphere... is it even possible not to be associated with your views? I mean, I can see not wanting to run up to someone and say 'You're shit, mate' but, in the context of the internet, views are people aren't they? What else do we have if not a personal view? What the hell is happening here? Is the interconnectivity of the net (or maybe the real world) finally eating itself?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails