26 April 2010

Throbbing Gristle Ltd

as a supplement to John's Uncarvings on the Throbbing Gristle Ltd. Astoria gig... here's some adverts you might remember... I can vividly remember staring at these and wondering... really wish I'd got off my arse and up to London... in them days it seemed so far away...




Images sourced from here

The only recording I can find is this one, a bootleg cassette... Anyone got it? I'd love to hear this baby...

And, while we're on the subject, is there a complete audio record of the 1989 Mean Fiddler gig? It went on for 3hrs or so, if I remember correctly (I probably don't, to be honest)

4 comments:

John Eden said...

ah yes thanks for these! Excellent :-)

Yes I think there is full audio of the Mean Fiddler gig, some of which was used for this: http://www.discogs.com/Psychic-TV-Live-In-Thee-Mean-Fiddler/release/1060839

which I haven't got. But that was one of the best times I saw them, ever. And yes it must have been at least 3 hours.

2ND.FADE said...

Heh... reckon I was at that Three Johns gig...

Loki said...

God, the Three Johns - yeah. I remember you telling me you were into them! Can't remember what they sounded like...

And that mean fiddler was the only time I ever saw PTV - we got the door wrong and walked straight into their dressing room - I thought someone who liked very much like Z''ev was there but imight have been wrong cos I was a bit wasted from thejourney and wearing a tie dye 'hyperdelic' dentists top and a big red floppy hat with flowers on it.

I think I may have looked a bit of a twat, come to think of it...

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you blended in we were there as well

Related Posts with Thumbnails