10 February 2009

The Last Of The Butcher's Arms


...saw this title as a Facebook photo album and wondered whether my old haunt, the cross-legged, hook-nosed, broken-backed Butcher's Arms was finally giving up the ghost; twinged by the Weatherspoons (jackboot on every face etc), tossed to the door dogs...

Oh well. Haven't been there for almost ten years; don't know what I'm moaning about.

In the photo album there was certainly some people I recognise being there from years back (Kek'll know 'em) - some of the wreckers of civilization from a party that inadvertently shunted some of An Idiot's Guide To Dreaming together, many blog years ago...

For no reason at all, I think of Amon Duul II when I think of The Butcher's, so...

Amon Duul II - Wolf City


Stolen from here

1 comment:

I am not Kek-w said...

The Butchers just closed up shop for the last time a few days ago.

RIP.

Related Posts with Thumbnails