09 June 2008

TaggArt - 7 Songs


Tagged by Kek and Gutter...

"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to."

No particular order:

Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve - Dig It

Play this at least once a week and never get bored by it. Most of it is probably pilfered from Krautrock past but it all fits together beautifully. This sounds a little like scrapings from the inside of my skull.

Bowerbirds - In Our Talons

Like the de de de's - great for summer cycling and singing along. There's a slightly whoozy quality to this that takes it to the darkside of twee. To watch, they have a long sideways way to go.

The Cure - Plainsong

It's all in the echo. Spacious and web-like. Got into this way after my Cure fixations of the late 80s, when I'd more or less abandoned them.

Ricardo Villalobos - Enfants

Addictive. Monolithic. Retarded. Wonderful. Hardly a song at all. The sound of something not moving. Slightly.

The Specials - Blank Expression

The last gig I went to was the mighty Neville Staples banging out Specials songs with delight that could be palped. Bounced around so much the soles of my feet were still pulsing two days later. Damn these rotten bones.

Whitehouse - Why You Never Became A Dancer

The only Power Electronics left on my iPod - got rid of the rest because it made me crash my bike, especially following on from some twee psychfolk. It's a great tune, one of their best. Apparently this is based on the Tracey Emin film, which doesn't put me off despite the fact that she looks like her own self-portraits.

Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook

Lower fi, less glacial than their normal fare, warmer and less distant, more akin to the slurfolk meanderings coming out of Finland. Quite beautiful, with a voice that always gets me in the guts.

Most of my internet mates have already been tagged so this is going out to people who probably don't even read this blog but whom I've been reading recently:

Ill-Ec-tro-nic

Headphonesex

TAPE

Microphones In The Trees

Ravens Sing The Blues

Because God Told Me To Do It

Wassonii

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails