22 May 2007

Techno Tuesday

If you'd told me a couple of years ago that I'd be buying austere Techno twelve inchers again, I would've almost certainly laughed in your face saying "that sooo mid-nineties, maaan". But somehow it happened, and frankly I can't get enough of the stuff. The kind of techno I'm focusing on here is the minimal, frequency-obsessed variety, so faceless in it's presentation that I can't even think of a suitable image to accompany this post. Perhaps I should've just added a bit of random eye-candy for all the sad thirty/forty-somethings out there who maybe liked a bit of Hawtin or Dave Clarke a decade ago, but nowadays listen to Radiohead, Coldplay or whatever it is their kids have got stored on their iPod Nanos and fantasise about shagging that fit Irish bint from Girls Aloud. C'mon people, get a grip. It's not too late to get obsessed about mindless pulsating blips, squirts and swooshes again. And where better to start than Berlin. Christ, I love them Germans. From Cluster 'n' Kraftwerk via Monoton, Holger Hiller and a bit of Neubauton, through to Basic Channel, Chain Reaction and the whole Hard Wax axis, my appetite for electronics with a dash of sour kraut seems to flare-up at irregular intervals. Some freshly digitised vinyl nuggets, for your consideration..

Sleeparchive - Null Sekunden

Marcel Dettmann - Getaway


Substance & Vainqueur - Reverberate

2 comments:

N.E. said...

LOL. If it was 'reactions' I was after, I wouldn't post a bloody thing at this blog.

doppelganger said...

It's ok if it's Girls Aloud....

Related Posts with Thumbnails