16 January 2005

Inner City Unit

Example

Sometimes, all you really want after an few hours spent with small children feeding horses and throwing large rocks in muddy puddles is a sax-heavy surf rock version of Wagner's Ride of the Valkryies blown out by some guy who used to be in Hawkwind.

I swear I saw this guy playing at some benefit at Westland Helicopters Sports and Social Club but I'm never sure of anything these days until I've seen the flyer / Western Gazette article posted by Kidshirt

Inner City Unit - Paradise Beach


Anyway, on the way back home, drenched in mud and animal residue, my 7 year old turned around and said:

"You know everyone was a baby who comes from a tummy?"

"Yes."

"Well what about God? Was he a baby as well? I know about Jesus."

"Er..."

After his awkward questions re: God's utter inaction in the South East Asia crisis, I think he's headed for some Theological unpeeling any day soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails